About Calvary Church of the Pacific
Our Mission Statement: Helping People Follow Jesus
1. We envision the elimination of our $72,000 of debt in 2018 through our Capital Funds Campaign, Imagine.
With additional money given we envision enhancing our property with low maintenance landscaping as well as a new church sign.
2. We envision a new pastor coming to lead our church family by the beginning of 2019.
3. We envision the development of an active children’s ministry.
4. We envision the development of a vibrant, active youth ministry.
5. We envision the development of a ministry for young adults and families.
6. We envision serving relevant community needs.
Steve McCoy, Interim Pastor - A veteran pastor of four churches and three interims, Pastor Steve McCoy is skilled in leading churches to accomplish their mission and vision. Steve and his wife Andrea, are parents of four children and four grandchildren. They love to travel and enjoy new adventures all over the world.
Daniel Asato, Worship Leader - Born and raised on the island, Daniel likes anything that is techy and makes music! He and his wife, Jenica, are proud parents of a little girl, Naomi. Daniel works part time at the church leading worship. His day job is working with special education children in the public school.
Arleen Alejado, Administrator - A consummate cook and coordinator, Arleen loves serving the church family here at Calvary. She is married to John, has three children, and four grandchildren. She is a member of the Awana Ministry Team dedicated to helping Awana Clubs in other churches and is a board member of Hawaii Merit Camp (a camp held each summer especially for Awana clubbers here in the islands).
Board of Directors
Eric Longfellow | Lloyd Kurashige | Mark Kurashige
Mike Kaneshiro | Charlie Sanpei | Chad Araki | Aaron Tominaga
Calvary was started in 1973 by Pastor Jim Carlson under the auspices of the Baptist General conference, now called, Converge Worldwide. Within six years the church grew to 275 people. God providentially worked to help them secure a piece of property and build a three floor facility. The church has had five different pastors throughout the decades with three different interim pastors.